Wednesday, December 10, 2008

ON PRAISING GOD IN THE STORM

I met a man tonight at work who touched my heart. He was in town from Texas because he received a call Monday that his son, age 19, committed suicide. His younger brother, age 14, found him.

The man's faith was awesome. He said if he didn't know Christ he wouldn't be able to deal with this. God has given him peace in this most difficult tribulation. This man was praising God when most others would be mad at Him.

I told the man that he would be in my prayers and agreed with him saying that only God can get you through times like this.

After he left, I thought about what he said. Here is a man that just lost his son to suicide, still praising the Lord, not questioning, but praising. I thought about my trials and tribulations and how they don't even come close to this kind of tribulation. I thought about how much I whine when I'm over worked, when I'm feeling miserable about where I live, when the bills are due but the money is just not there. I thought about all the other feelings that I have and I felt guilty for crying over them.

I know we all have struggles, trials, and times of sadness and heartache. We all will break down and feel beaten.

I just hope and pray that the next time I'm going through a difficult time, no matter how big or small, I praise Him and allow Him to work it out. I know that there is peace in the storm, I know that He is there and I know He'll comfort me like no one else can.

1 comment:

tracey said...

I'll pray for this man also.
We don't have it so bad, do we?