Sunday, March 15, 2009

on wishing

I wish I could stop crying uncontrollably during church services.
I wish I could stop feeling bitter about my situation.
I wish I could stop feeling anger towards members of my church.
I wish I could stop having feelings that I shouldn't be having.
I wish this battle I am having would end.
I wish being a Christian wasn't so hard.
I wish God would make changes in my life that I want.
I wish I didn't feel like I'm getting further away from God rather than closer.
I wish I didn't resent my husband sometimes.
I wish being the wife I should be was easy.
I wish I had friends here that I could talk to.

3 comments:

BroT said...

Not sure how to coment. If this is a copy of someone else's thought you can sometimes relate to, or if these are the true thoughts of Julie.
If the later I know you have many friends the greatest of which is Jesus!

Tracy Neal said...

Hey Julie! Found your blog through Mike's-it gets slow at the law office sometimes so my husband, Adrian, said I should read some of these preachers stuff-some interesting, some down right hilarous! Anyway, your list touched me and I just wanted to say that I can identify with some of your feelings, especially lately. I can't seem to stop crying during the song service at church, whatever church it happens to be we are in that Sunday; not having the bitter feelings about my situation but still struggling with No. 3. Being a christian is so much harder, for me especially in the work arena-sometimes I wish life could be like church camp! I think all of us go through times when we feel some or all of these, so maybe theres comfort in numbers? Bro. T's right our bestest friend is Jesus. I'll be praying for you.

Julie Halliday said...

Thanks Bro T. I appreciate your comment.

Thanks Sis. Neal
It helps to know I'm not the only one, not that I want someone else to go through it.

I'm so glad you responded. I love the brothers commenting on my blog, but I have been hoping I'd get some female readers to comment. I have several that read it but they don't comment!

Hope to see you on here again!