Thursday, March 25, 2010

just curious

Easter Sunday is on its way. I plan on the usual for Easter, driving down for services at Whispering Pines, then going to mom and dad's for the usual family gathering and a good meal.

Joe has decided that this year he's not going with me to Whispering Pines that morning, he is going to go to Lakeview (our church) and then drive to mom's for dinner.

So, I am faced with a choice. Either I can go ahead and drive down and take Marissa to Whispering Pines or go with Joe to Lakeview and drive down after service (which by the time we leave it's usually close to 1:00).

Is there a right or wrong choice?

I'm still going to do what I want to do, just wanted your responses.

2 comments:

JamesCharles said...

Is there something Brother Joe would prefer? Do you have an unease about choosing one way or the other? What are your motives? When you think about doing this one way or the other, do you get fired up, on "guard", or in the flesh?

I don't know if there is a "right" or "wrong" decision. Just thought I'd throw some questions for you to answer to yourself (not on here) to help you perhaps see more clearly if there is a way that you might feel better than the other.

Julie Halliday said...

I'm assuming Joe would prefer us all to go to church together, however he understands why I want to go to Whispering Pines. I would prefer us all going together, but I can not make him do what he doesn't want to do.

The only thing I'm uneasy about is when I'm not with Joe at church how others make the comments, without any regards to my feelings, about how I should be there with him or give me a hard time for going.

There is always a feeling of sorrow when I go home because it's not my home anymore.

I don't expect most men to understand that.