Saturday, January 31, 2009

another poem....

Here I am again, not knowing what to write about......but I did write a poem. Sometimes I just have to rhyme when I write!


The tears that I shed, never cease to flow,
My emotional weaknesses seem to grow and grow.

With an overwhelming fear inside of losing this fight,
Questioning the paths I've chosen, no rest I find at night.

A new dawn arises and I wake to face it all again,
My soul cries out to Him, "This battle I cannot win."

I'm overcome by the flesh, overwhelmed with grief and sorrow,
Relentlessly I'm searching, for peace before tomorrow.

Throughout the day I am praying, while my thoughts are going astray,
Confusing me with the illusion that they will never go away.

Continually clouding my mind, "I'm only human and I will lose,"
Yet the Spirit stands up against me, "This path you cannot choose."

Here I am, once again, asking for my faith to be renewed,
For it's not my will, Lord, but yours I seek, in all that I may do.

No comments: