Monday, January 26, 2009

on struggling...

The battle between the inward and outward man that Paul spoke about in Romans chapter 7 tells us that this is a daily battle. A battle that each of us, the saved, will struggle with. The only way to endure these battles is to become closer to God through prayer and studying the bible. Sometimes I feel so far away that I can't see the victory. Sometimes I want to give up. Sometimes I want to give in. The emotional pain becomes so hard to bear that it makes me ask the question, "Is it worth it?" I am struggling. I am praying. I am fighting.....daily.

"struggling"

I am a sinner, O Lord, saved only by your grace
kept by your mercy, in your tender embrace

I pray for your guidance in all that I do,
While fighting my flesh, trying only to listen to you

Many times I have failed, more than I succeed,
and here I am, once again, falling to my knees

So many deceitful, sinful thoughts my mind conceives,
yet I am still yours by the salvation I've received

I cry out, "forgive me" and I know that you hear,
whether with unspoken words, or through the shedding of tears

You reach down to raise me up to face another day,
I will follow, Lord, even though I stumble along the way

I lay it all down, for I'm not strong enough to hold on,
My load is then lightened, You give me the will to carry on.

1 comment:

JamesCharles said...

Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
Gal 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.