Sunday, January 18, 2009

On our new president...

Since I'm a woman, I can't be called to preach so this is my pulpit, my blogspot. I can use it to get points across and if I'm ever incorrect, I'm sure some man of God will tell me. But you better have some scriptures ready to back it up.

I've been reading comments from people online and in magazines about our new president. I've been hearing people at my job make comments about him. It seems they believe he has all the answers. That he's going to "fix" this country. That he's brought people of all colors and nationalities together.

It is a shame and a disgrace to our Lord that these people have put their "faith" in this man. They actually believe that things are going to be better because of "him". And from a worldly view, it might.

One day I was at work checking a lady out (ringing up her purchase- just in case you were wondering), and she was talking to the man behind her about Obama getting this country out of this mess that Bush made it. I listened and finally I couldn't take hearing it any longer. Imagine that, me speaking my mind! I plainly said, "One man didn't get this country in this mess that it's in and one man is not going to fix it. We got this country in the mess it's in by allowing immoral laws to pass, going against what the Bible teaches, and taking God out of it. I didn't put my faith in Bush and I'm not about to put it in Obama. The only One who can turn this country around is God."

Well, the lady said "you're right" (I really don't think she agreed with me though, I don't know). She left. The man behind her continued this discussion with me, he was an older black man, very nice, and we talked about how our country has changed. His friend came up and made a purchase, he told me "we need more people like you". I thought he meant because I was friendly and helped him with something else, but he said "no, we need more young people like you that believe like that."

Wow! An older person said that about me! I was flattered.
This got me to thinking. I'm not a doctor, or a lawyer. I'm no rocket scientist, but it doesn't take much sense to realize that we need Jesus. We need God in our lives and those of us who do need to make a stand, tell others where this nation has failed, tell others where they need to place their trust and faith.

How ignorant can people be to actually believe that Obama is going to change this country? How is he (a man-and only a man) going to "fix" everything? I know there is a scripture that says "but if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant." (1 Corinthians 14:38 to be exact) I wonder if He put that in there for these people?

Anyway, we know who to place our trust and faith in. Are we telling others?

No comments: