Monday, January 5, 2009

on praying

It's 1:30 and I can't sleep. Lots of thoughts running through my little mind. So, I thought I'd post something. I don't know that I'll make much sense since it's so late.

I was just wondering...why do we pray heal this person or whatever the prayer may be "if it's your will"? He is God, so why does He need us to tell Him? I mean, I can see praying for help to do His will. Then, we turn around and say that if it's His will, it will be done. So why are we praying about it? Shouldn't we just accept whatever the outcome is as His will? I'm not saying don't pray to Him for others, I just believe we should think about HOW we are praying and the words we use.
Ecclesiastes 5:2 Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.

Like I said, it's late.

3 comments:

Mike Wilkes said...

Matthew 6:9-10

Julie Halliday said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Halliday said...

This is so strange. I was reading my new post and it jumped down to this one, I didn't know you'd commented on here. You rarely do.

Anyway, I know what the model prayer says, "thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven"

Aren't we praying "thy will be done" for His will to be done in us?

Surely there are times I'm not doing His will, but mine. This is because I have a choice.

That's why I brought up the comment that people always say.."Well, if it's the Lord's will, it will be done" Why?